Sunday, May 2, 2010

Phones and Chargers and Mail, OH MY!

Do you have a place for your phone, cell, charges, blue tooth, shopping list, appointment cards etc?

Mine was my kitchen counter.

I didn't like it on the kitchen counter, because it took up much needed space and it made the kitchen always look messy.

Then I saw these two desks in Pierre Deux catalog.  This first one is the style I like.  I love the curvy bow drawers and the drop top.  The perfect place to hide all of the cell phones, chargers, shopping lists etc.

Cost $3,495.00.  Not in my budget!!

This second one, would not work because there was no place to hide the phones, but I loved  the antiqued creamy finish on it.

Cost $2,195.00.  Whew!

So, I went shopping at my local favorite antique mall and found this.
It was quite banged up.  There was white paint splatter all over the front of it.  A small strip of veneer had been repaired, but still was visible.

So, I used a liquid deglosser on it. Much easier than sanding!
Then I painted on a coat of primer.
After the primer dried, I painted 3 coats of a creamy white called Masion Blanche.  When the paint dried, I sanded the edges and I applied an umber glaze to the entire surface to age it.

And here it is.....

Cost $120.00

See the bowed curvy front?  Once I get the inside set up and find a chair to use with it, I will take another picture.  I love having my kitchen counter space back!

Plus now I have a new surface to decorate!


Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment