Monday, May 10, 2010

A Visit From A Friend

I am lucky in that I have quite a few blog friends that live near me and we get together when we can.  This past Sunday Penny (yes, we have the same name!) and her husband David came for dinner.  We met last year and I did this post.

Now, I love to entertain and I think I am a pretty good cook, but I have to tell you that I was a little intimidated.   Penny is a wonderful cook and her blog is a cooking blog.  It is called Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen.  If you want some wonderful recipe ideas...you need to visit Penny!

I made Cornish Hens with Pancetta, roasted asparagus and roasted baby red potatoes with garlic and rosemary.  Penny took a picture and here it is.


I also made strawberry shortcake for dessert...with fresh South Carolina strawberries.


Penny and her husband David had not been to my new home and they brought a bottle of wine and a wonderful house warming gift.


It is the most wonderful rooster!

I just love it! It is red and vintage looking.  Just perfect for my French country home!  Thank you Penny and David.  We had the best time and are looking forward to getting together again soon.

Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment