Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Antiquing With A Blog Friend



I spent Tuesday with a special blog friend that I met a while ago.  Gretchen from Bird Nest Cottage lives about an hour and a half from me in Greenville, SC.  We get together a few times a year.  This time I convinced Gretchen to come to Asheville, NC since she had not seen my new home. 

First we went to Sweeten Creek Antiques...

We saw some wonderful chandeliers.

This cool paper mache rooster, that I bought and have some great plans for (stay tuned!).

Didn't buy this book, but the title is my life - lol!

I am in love with these two English lanterns.  They were originally $475.  Now $285.  When they become $95 they are mine!  They are about 24 inches tall.  They would look amazing on a deck, porch, entry way.  Think of the possibilities.  In the fall surround by giant gourds and filled with burnt orange candles.  At Christmas surrounded by fresh evergreens with a red bow and white candles...

After Sweeten Creek Antiques, Gretchen and I (Gretchen on the left) went to Biltmore Village and had lunch at Chelsea's Tea Room.

We both had the Chelsea Sampler.  The quiche of the day, chicken salad, tarragon pasta salad and fruit salad. Yummy!

On to the Tobacco Barn.  Another favorite antique mall I love to go to.  Look at these great book covers.  These are vintage books with vintage fabric covers.  They are tattered, faded and worn.  They look great!

This is an amazing LAVENDER toile French settee.  It was beautiful!

I have had a few of you ask in the past about the McDonald's that is in Asheville near Biltmore Estates.  Yes, it does have a FIREPLACE and yes it does have a GRAND PIANO.  It has been featured on the Travel Channel.  Gretchen and I stopped there for drinks on the way home.  Here is the grand piano.  It is a player piano and classical tunes are playing all of the time.

Here is the fireplace.  In the fall and winter it is always lit.


I had a wonderful time today visiting with Gretchen.  If you ever have a chance to visit a blog friend, please don't hesitate!  It is so much fun!
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment