Sunday, May 23, 2010

Let's Go Out to Lunch and Do Some Shopping!

On Saturday, Mr Comforts of Home and I went to the Biltmore Estate.  They just opened a new section called Antler Hill.  It is a quaint shopping village, that includes a village green with old fashioned bandstand and shops, museum and a restaurant.  The restaurant has indoor or outdoor seating.  We sat outside.

First we ordered an appetizer and a couple of local draft beers.

Guess what the appetizer is?

Fried Pickles!! I have never had fried pickles before.  They were delicious.  Mr. Comforts had fish and chips and I had a smoked beef brisket sandwich.  We ate them before I remember to take a picture.

After lunch we wandered around the little village.  This flower cart reminded me of France.

Next we went into one of the shops in Antler Hill.  It is called Traditions. 
 Look at this great lamp with a screened shade over a chandelier!  How about the wonderful red velvet chair?


Here are some more goodies in the shop.






Isn't this shop Divine?  I did buy something here.  I will show you on Thursday.  I plan on joining Susan at Between Naps on the porch for Tablescape Thursday.
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment