Thursday, January 13, 2011

Three of my favorite designers....part 1
















Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it

-Danny Kaye
So here I sit another  snowbound day, feeling like the endless winter is  here to stay, it is almost impossible to imagine when flowers will bud and the trees will bear their leaves and there will be fields of glorious green grass....oh how I miss summer and spring right now! Not to mention that my diet of linguine with clam sauce, pasta fagiole soup, pot roast and brownies yesterday was  not exactly conducive to keeping up with my resolution of losing a few pounds!  One good thing  this weather has made me do is spend a lot more time than I typically do at home, and has given me an opportunity to get a little more organized with many house things that are going on simultaneously and catch up on some shows that I love (especially food network, love Ina Garten and watching her now) so in this respect its been kind of nice being home and doing the things I often don't get to do. 

I don't know if any of you are like me, because 
my mind runs a mile a minute and I have so many ideas (too many for my own good) about what I want to talk about, what I want to do, where I want to go, who I want to become, what I want for my kids, the list goes on and on and on. So I am going to try to pace myself first and foremost and then try to express myself on one thing everyday to hopefully get some of this "overthinking" out of my very busy mind! So my ONE thing today, is I think it would be so much fun to have my own cooking show. When I move, I hope to be able to have friends over for "cooking nights" which will hopefully sometimes involve them coming over in their pj's and sharing a few bottles of wine, great music and cooking together. I think that sounds like so much fun, don't you? OK so there, got one of my ideas out, now on to homes, my other real passion! 


I am here to salute some of my favorite decorators whose work I love and greatly admire. They have really perfect the art of great design. It seems their work is the one that always jumps off the pages of a home magazine and just really stands above the rest. I will profile three today and three more tomorrow. I love hearing back from you and would love to know if you have a personal favorite. So today we look at the work of Cindy Rinfret, David Easton and Charlotte Moss. Hope you enjoy.........would love to hear from you.


CINDY RINFRET OF RINFRET DESIGNS IN GREENWICH, CT.













CHARLOTTE MOSS OF NY, NY










DAVID EASTON OF NY, NY
















Want to wish you a wonderful day. Below are a few pics of my resident "ham", Teddy!



Am glad SOMEONE around here is enjoying the snow!




No comments:

Post a Comment