Monday, January 17, 2011

Lemon Tree Very Pretty

Last summer, I found a sad little bare root Meyer Lemon tree at Lowe's for 50% off.  So, I brought it home and planted it in my big blue glazed planter. 

I knew I couldn't plant it in the ground, because North Carolina gets snow and freezes, so my plans were to bring it inside for the winter.

It grew about a foot tall during the summer and in October we noticed some beginning blossoms!  We brought it inside and placed it in a sunny window in our dining room.  And before long the blossoms opened and the dining room was filled with a beautiful floral scent.



The blossoms started falling off and little green lemons started to appear.


So now it sits here, and we are anxiously awaiting our first lemons.  I understand it takes about 7 months for it to grow and ripen. 


On a totally separate note, I have graduated from a button down shirt into a t-shirt.  It takes a lot of work to get it on but I just feel better in a tee...

Still have bad hair days - due to not being able to blow dry, with one arm....lol.

Welcome Home,
Penny
p.s. to help with the Queensland Flood Relief in Australia, my friend Natasha (who lives in Australia) is offering an original painting as a giveaway with conditions - click on my side bar to learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment