Saturday, January 29, 2011

Come with me on a magic carpet ride...and go wallpaper shopping!

Ok finally coming off my high from Paris..not easily though and so not by choice! Back to reality and the drawing board of getting my house business in high gear. I thought (emphasis on the word thought) I knew what I wanted for the carpeting for the bedrooms. This AFTER I won the argument with my husband to put  in wall to wall carpeting (so much cozier and prettier in a bedroom in my opinion and remember we live in New York where we get very cold winters, case in point the 10 degrees it is right now) so carpeting to me, makes oodles of sense for all our bedrooms. So....I have started looking, though its one of the last things we will be putting in, some take 6 weeks and after waiting over two and a half years, I sure am not going to delay my move for, of all things.......carpeting! Let me know if one below is screaming out "master bedroom" or "boys room" or "guest room"...would love to know what all you tastemakers think!


Well I have discovered the wonderful world of carpeting by Patterson, Flynn and Martin (a Schumacher brand) and they nearly knocked my socks off. They are so amazing looking, I couldn't even begin to decide. I think I want a soft palette for my master, think pales gray/blues and pale greens with a creme, many of the carpets below would work beautifully. Its always easier to start with the carpet and work my way up. I THOUGHT I knew what I wanted and now I am at a total loss for all the bedrooms, though some of the ones below I think scream "young mans room"....so please tell me what you think, and which is your favorite!




Then I move on to the wonderful world of wallpapers......way too many choices. I am just starting to scratch the surface, but have included some pretty standouts below as well as some great paint hues from Zoffany....I love to know what you think, so please let me know!











































































As if those aren't breathtaking enough..onto walls, I am also really loving Farrow and Ball's wallpapers and paints. What do you think about these papers and colors? So pretty and inspiring! The colors (the last 3 are just so pretty, soft quiet, putty gray/blue/greens which I think could be gorgeous for a master bedroom)


Love this pattern.....colors are gorgeous too, would be pretty in a bathroom








Love this color..so regal!


This would be sooo opulent, can see it in a dark room with rich woods...


This is such a great color, neutral with just a hint of blue (parma gray)


A beautiful gray/green (light blue- don't get the colors' name either)


Beautiful soft gray (skylight)




Zoffany has long been one of my favorite sources for papers and paint....they do have some beautiful papers. Here are some beautiful pictures of some of their papers, hard to pick a favorite...do you have one?


Looove this pattern and of course it looks smashing with the blue and white!








Beautiful color and pattern

A close up

Love how old fashioned looking this is....


This would look great in a gentleman's study or small cozy office or a masculine closet/dressing room






And of course there is the fabulous house of Scalamandre....I used them for a few rooms in my old home and never tired of walking into the rooms I put them in....always so beautiful, here is some Scalamandre inspiration.............(all pictures from Scalamandre)


A classic (pattern Neptunes)

So cheery and happy (pattern winegrowers)

Fresh and clean (pattern Kilkenny cats)

Love the colors (pattern Orientaux)

Always liked brown and blue together (pattern Precious cargo)

Anything green is a winner in my book (pattern Hampton court)

Beautiful colorways (pattern Edwin's Covey)




Well that's enough inspiration for one day...my head is spinning. Hope you have a wonderfully relaxing and enchanted weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment