Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Kodak (and Canon) Moment

Yesterday, the late afternoon sun created some great shadows in my backyard.  My red rooster popped brilliantly in the snow, so I thought I would take a picture.

I decided to try my new Canon that I have been trying to learn, and my old Kodak Easyshare.

Both cameras were set on the auto setting.

First the Kodak.

Next the Canon Rebel.


You can click then click again to enlarge.  Is there a difference in sharpness or quality?  I can't really see one.  But I imagine if I learn to use the Canon on the manual setting and learn about exposure, light, white noise, ISO and all of those other things, I could produce a crisper picture.

That is why I am doing a lot of reading on the subject.  I am having a hard time wrapping my creative side of my brain around the mechanical side of picture taking.  I can see a great shot - just can't figure out how to make the best of the shot.....YET.

But I will!
Welcome Home,
Penny
p.s. winner announced on Monday for the cup giveaway.


No comments:

Post a Comment