Friday, July 23, 2010

The Taste of Summer

Are you enjoying your summer?  I am!  You know what I love best about summer?
Fresh. Ripe. Juicy. Garden. Tomatoes.

And you know why?  They make the best BLT's!

The BLT created above with tomatoes and lettuce from my garden.  The "pickles" are really fresh sliced cucumbers from my garden that I let soak in some kosher pickle juice.  Did you know that you can do that?  Don't throw out your pickle juice when the pickles are gone.  You can add fresh cucumbers and they absorb the juice and make the BEST FRESH pickles!

If you don't have a garden in your back yard, head to the local farmers market this weekend....

This weekend we are grilling out, visiting good friends and relaxing...ahhhh summer! 

What are you doing?
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment