Sunday, July 18, 2010

Shades of a Different Color and the Winner

I have a dream of the way I want my bedroom to look.  I want it to be a sanctuary.  A place to go at the end of the day that makes me say "ahhhh".

To me that means a place that is clean, light and airy looking.

The picture below is how my room is starting to take on that feel.
Here is another view of the room below.
Eventually I know I want to have the chair above recovered in a more neutral cream fabric.  I know in a previous post, here, I thought about leaving it this color and adding some brighter colors into the room.  But I knew in my heart that was not the look I as going for.

There was something else, that I have wanted to change in this area of the room.  I love red lamp shades and I have several in my house.  But this one in the picture below was just bugging me.

I had bought the floor lamp at a thrift store for $5 a while back.  It didn't have a shade, but I had this red one already, so I plopped it on top and lived with it for about 6 months.

Yesterday, I decided to change it.  I had a self adhesive lamp shade already.  I also had some yellow ticking fabric.  So I covered the lampshade and now it looks like this.
Just imagine how it will look in the picture below, when the chair is recovered in a creamy white or a yellow toile or check.  Oh!  And ignore the paintings sitting on the floor :-).  I will also be painting the demilune table the same color as the dresser.

Now for the winner of the giveaway for the $60 CSN Gift Certificate.  There were 84 entries and I used a random generator to pick the winner.


The winner is Sue Loves Cherries!  Congrats to the winner, I will be emailing you with your Gift Certificate.  And thank you to CSN Stores for sponsoring this giveaway.
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment