Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Old Farmhouse in Tennessee

Some of you asked about the old farmhouse in Tennessee we used to own that I showed you a picture of in my last post.

We bought it in 2002 and totally remodeled it.  We sold it in 2005 to move to North Carolina.  It was originally built in the 1940's.  By the time we purchased it, it had been badly remodeled several times.

You asked for more pictures so here are some pictures of the old farmhouse after we remodeled it.  The only before pics I have are not digital.... You will see a lot of the same furniture I have in my house now in this old house.  Like the dining table (we now use in our eat in kitchen), chairs in the living room, master bed, dresser and armoire...etc.

This is a view standing on the back porch...

The living room....


The dining room...

The kitchen....which BTW, we gutted and put new cabinets (stock from Home Depot) and new counters (white formica) and white basic GE appliances from Lowe's.  No granite...no stainless steel.  I think this is my favorite kitchen I have ever had.



The master bedroom and bath....



So there you have it.  We loved this house.  And it was really close to being our DREAM HOME...

I know you all are wondering while we sold it.  Well what you can't see from the pictures is the dairy farm across the street.  It was a very small dairy farm when we bought our home.  Over the few years it grew in size and the SMELL of the dairy farm, literally drove us away.  We couldn't eat outside because of the smell and the flies.  We couldn't have our doors and windows open...it really smelled terrible!

So maybe someday, I will find another old farm house to fix up that doesn't have a dairy farm across the road.

On another note....come over to my Lavender Hill Studio blog and let me know what you think about this.....

Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment