Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Healthy For Life ~ Life Style Changes

Last July 1st, I did a post about getting back into shape.  You can read about it here.

Fast forward 8 months.  Did I follow through with my plan?  NOPE!


Then in December, you all know I tore my rotator cuff.  Now, I know that came from years of misuse and age.   But I have realized over the last two months that I don't want to let myself fall apart.

Spending two months of not being able to to normal every day things, like reach up into a cupboard, made me take stock and really think about my health.


So, this treadmill has found it's way into my studio.  A week ago, the doctor gave me the go ahead to start using it.  I walk on it 30 minutes a day.


I also bought this book, Healthy For Life.  I have changed my eating habits.  There is now a lot more fruits, veggies, beans and chicken in my diet and a lot less mashed potatoes and gravy.

The results so far?  I have lost 2-1/2 pounds.  I am also now using weights in my shoulder therapy and I am happy to say that my shoulder is healing.  Slowly, but healing.

My goal is to lose 14-1/2 pounds total.  (edited to add: I am only 5'1" tall and small framed.)  One "step on the treadmill" at a time.  I am posting weekly results on my sidebar.  I think going public might be just the thing to keep me motivated.  Maybe when I have lost all of the weight I will post a before and after picture.....maybe :-)

Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment