Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beachy

I am not sure if I ever mentioned that I lived in Florida for about 20 years.  Actually I lived in Florida from 1971 until 1980.  Then I moved to upstate New York. 

I moved back to Florida in 1992 and stayed until April 2002.

You can click on the pictures and then click again to super enlarge them for detail.

This picture above was taken this past November in Naples, Florida.  I lived in Naples from 1992-2002.  I have family that lives there I always love to go see them.

I keep a few beachy decorating pieces around my house to remind me of Florida and my family.

This shell is one that I found while living in Florida. Mr. Comforts of Home and I were walking the beach on Marco Island and the top part of this shell was sticking out of the sand.  When I dug it up, I was surprised to find a whole shell!  Usually, they are broken when they are this size.  I keep it on a stack of books in my bedroom.

The piece of coral above is not from Florida.  It is actually from Hawaii.  When my parents went on vacation to Hawaii in the late 60's, they brought this back. 

I love having this piece.  Every time I see it I think about my Mom and Dad and what fun they had in Hawaii, listening to Don Ho and drinking Mai Tai's...

Do you have anything beachy around your home?
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment