Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Toile and Ticking


I love the combination of toile and ticking stripe.  So, when I went looking for an affordable fabric to buy to make my bedroom curtains with, I looked for gold ticking stripe. 

I already had the toile part covered (no pun intended).  My quilt is a gold toile.

To make thinks a little more French Country and just a wee bit over the top, I am adding a gold and red rooster pattern toile as an attached valance along with a red and gold fringe.  The red and gold rooster fabric is actually curtains that I had in my dining room of my other house.  You can see them as curtains on this post, here.  There are only 4 panels so there were not enough to use as curtains in my bedroom, plus they were too short.  So they will be reworked into valances and more.

You can see there is already an accent pillow on my bed with the red and yellow rooster toile.  I might add that rooster toile to the lampshades on either side of the bed.  I think I might also make pillow shams with the gold ticking stripe.


Mr. Comforts of Home has hung the curtain rods.  The ticking fabric arrived today.  So tomorrow I sew!
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment