Thursday, August 18, 2011

Small Town Antiquing in The Mountains


About 35 miles from my home is a small town in the Smoky Mountains called, Waynesville.

My friend Penny of Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen and I decided to go antiquing there.  Every where you looked on the drive over you saw beautiful mountains.  Here is Penny in the parking lot of the first antique mall we stopped at.


Look at the beautiful mountains and blue skies in the background!


While shopping in Waynesville, we saw some great pieces.  Like this big old dough bowl.  Imagine this filled with gourds and pumpkins this fall.


And this amazing armoire...

Another great thing about antiquing in a small town in the mountains is the quirkiness and quaintness.


First the quirky...


and here is the quaint...
What did I buy?  A couple of plates to use in my mosaics...Though I would have loved that dough bowl, it was a bit too pricey for me.

If you are ever in the Asheville area and want to spend a day antiquing with me....just email me!
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment