Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Showhouse, and you're invited!!

Happy Sunday to you! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Ours I must say has been pretty relaxing, so I am not complaining other than I wish we could press a pause button for summer. Anyone else feeling like its going by far too quickly? Right now it is pouring cats and dogs, but I am loving it, makes the perfect excuse to be inside and relax! On a side note, several left messages and emails about asking for a basic mood board tutorial(since I bragged in yesterdays post about finally being able to make one though it was super basic). Like you, I was intimidated and totally at a loss of where and how to begin. But I found a way, and the bigger surprise was that it was ridiculously easy! I would love to take more credit though so feel free to give it to me:) I will be posting a short how to on my Tuesday post, so stay tuned!!
To me, summer getaways are the best, going near the water automatically transforms your mind, body and spirit. Today is all about escaping to dreamy vacation homes on the Northeast coast, think Bar Harbour, Nantucket, you get the picture! Gorgeous lake and ocean views, soft soothing color palettes, big open welcoming kitchens just begging for a dinner with family and friends, open and airy bedrooms with expansive views. Understated, getaway elegance at its best. Sound good? Yes to me too! So, sit back, relax and lets get away!

BAR HARBOUR, MAINE. This fabulous home was built to take maximum advantage of the water views from virtually every room.  I wish I could click my heels and be there right this very minute. It is perfection in my book, and the interiors do not disappoint. It is done so elegantly in a timeless understated fashion, but one that beckons you in, it feels so comfortable and livable. The setting is just incredible, with its own private beach, it is truly a small slice of heaven. What do you think  of this " as pretty as a picture" home?

Is this picture perfect or what? The setting is as pretty as a painting!
Here is where we would devour our nightly lobster dinners
Part of the elegant pantry in the kitchen, love the floors the cabinetry color
The views from every room are out of this world! Some fierce scrabble and chess games would go down here......
Love the openness of all the spaces
This is a room I would spend A LOT of quiet time in, reading 
This entrance is the ultimate welcome to a beautiful weekend on the water
The setting is majestic, pure and simple
Private, secluded, and serene......I will take it!

NANTUCKET, MASS. This fabulous enclave needs no introduction. Love the way this incredible home is situated on the water but has the luxury of a nice sized yard complete with beautiful pool. Every conceivable luxury is to be found here, but it is done in the low key Nantucket style for which they are famous. Windows for the most part are treated with simple window treatments to take full advantage of the water that surrounds them. A soothing palette of soft blues and whites dominate the house.  A great home for living and an even better home for entertaining! Come on in......
Love how the house is situated
Beautiful pool with waterfall on far side of the home
Your own private walkway to the beach.....
Pretty gleaming woods and lots of blue and white, perfect for this house!
Crisp, light and airy

An office with a view.....work wouldn't seem so bad from here

Casual light and airy open kitchen
Cozy TV room made for late night movies and midday matinees!
Simple but fresh and welcoming and the views brings it up a few notches!
Big open bathroom with lots of space and distant water views
This could come in handy!
And let me present the art gallery room, filled with all kinds of interesting sculptures (yes I know what an exercise room is, but that's how foreign they are to me..lol)
Beautiful vistas from the rooftop deck

MARTHAS VINEYARD,MASS. Last is this incredibly charming vacation home on the picturesque island of Marthas Vineyard. The interiors were done by Twanette Tharp, who resides in this charmer. This actually is two homes which she purchased and completely renovated soup to nuts. Perfectly perched right at the mouth of the harbor, this home gets the added bonus of getting to watch the ships, yachts and boats cruise in and out all day long.It is above all else, so relaxed looking.  Done in  a laid back but elegant nautical style, this is a home I would be happy to get away to!
Charming and understated
Ahhh, I can hear the seagulls and feel the rush of the harbor breeze now!
What a perfect spot to have your meals!
The two houses that comprise this charming compound
I would plant myself in those comfy chairs for the entire day with a view like that!
This to me, personifies elegant beach living
Three beautiful levels of outdoor spaces make this so wonderful, love the al fresco set up!

I wish I was packing my bags to head to one of these beauties now! Have a personal favorite? The first time I saw the first one, my heart skipped a beat. I couldnt' have it for a vacation house because I would never ever want to leave! So the third one would be a perfect little vacation place, not too big, really charming, amazing location, beautiful views and looks like it would be fairly low maintenance. The second one however is so light and airy and that view....hard to make a decision here! There is not a bad choice amongst them..all fabulous! How about you? Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment