Sunday, August 28, 2011

Projects On My Side Bar

Last January, when I was recovering from my rotator cuff surgery, I posted a list of decorating projects on my side bar that I wanted to get done this year.

I was limited to what I could do for the first 5 months, but Mr. Comforts of Home and I have managed to check some of the projects off the list.

The project for Mr. Comforts of Home this week, is to hang these curtain rods in our master bedroom.
My project this week is to make curtains.  You see, the problem has been that our windows are not standard height. 

 So I can't go to Target, JC Penny, Lowe's, Home Goods, etc and get curtains that are a standard 84 inches.  I have to have 108 inch curtains.
Buffalo Check Rod Pocket Panel
To buy the gold buffalo check curtains above from Country Curtains, would cost me $621.95 for 4 windows!  I love these curtains.  I actually used that same curtain in my previous home in the living room.  See here.

Soooo I found some inexpensive fabric to make my curtains with.  It is not the gold buffalo check, but I like what I have found.  I will show you the fabric when it arrives this week.

What are you doing this week?  Working on any projects?
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment