Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Italian String Lights

When we were in Italy a few years ago, I noticed that many of the trattoria's had lights strung around the outdoor dining areas.


Not the little twinkle Christmas style lights you usually see here, but strings of lights with clear glass round bulbs.  I knew that is exactly what I wanted for my pergola.

Mr. Comforts of Home even installed a dimmer switch on the lights so they could be bright enough for eating dinner, then dimmed for a romantic feel.  You can see the dimmer box in the picture above.  It is located on the outside of a back beam and can not be seen while in the pergola.

I love how the lights look.  It brings back wonderful memories of Italy.
edited to add....the lights came from K-Mart, I have also seen them at Target.
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment