Friday, July 29, 2011

TOMATO ~ TOMATO

You say Tomato, I say Tomato....when you have an abundance you get creative!


I created a great appetizer with my cherry tomatoes!

After pre-heating the oven to 350 degrees, I roasted them with garlic, fresh thyme sprigs, olive oil, freshly ground salt and pepper.  They were in the oven about 1-1/2 hours.


Next, I toasted a sliced baguette in the same oven after drizzling it with olive oil for about 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.  When they are removed from the oven, I rubbed sliced fresh garlic over the hot baguette slices.

I topped the baguette slices with goat cheese, added a few of the roasted tomatoes and sprinkled with fresh basil.


Can I hear a YUMMY?

It is delicious!

What is your favorite tomato recipe?  I would love to know, because I have tons of tomatoes!
Welcome Home,
Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment