Friday, April 15, 2011

Want To Know What I Am Doing This Weekend?

I posted a little about this on my Lavender Hill Studio Blog the other day, so I thought I would mention it here too.

I am entering my mosaic birdhouse in a Decorated Birdhouse Competition at the Grove Park Inn and Resort In Asheville, NC.

This is the 12th Annual Decorated Birdhouse Competition.   I have wanted to enter for several years now, but just did not have the time to devote to it.


There will be all kinds of birdhouses there.  Not just mosaics.  Judging is based on Craftsmanship, Originality, Difficulty, Theme and Overall Appearance.

I used 12 different patterns of china on this birdhouse and the two bluebirds are vintage salt and pepper shakers.


This birdhouse is HUGE.  Just so you can see a comparison, here are pictures of the normal size birdhouse I usually mosaic, next to the one I am entering in the contest.



All pictures can be enlarge if you click on them.  And they will enlarge ever further if you click on them once more.

The awards ceremony is at 4:30 on Saturday.  So if you are in the Asheville area and want to come see the birdhouses the event is free.

Wish me luck!

p.s. I am linking this post up with Decor to Adore Spring Craft Party

Bijw9y




and Beverly at How Sweet The Sound Pink Saturday
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment