Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Backyard So Far....and The Kitchen Table Project.

You know that we have been working on our backyard.  Last spring, we built a raised kitchen garden. 

Last fall we started the pergola (that reveal is coming soon)and added a fire pit area.  See the picture below.
The thing is, we took our back porch furniture off the porch and moved it onto the fire pit area.

Now I want to move it back to the porch (which is empty) and find 4 chairs to place around the fire pit.  I am looking for something comfortable because I plan on spending a lot of time sitting by the fire on cool mountain evenings.

I found this at everypatiofurniture.  It looks comfy doesn't it?  It also looks similar to my porch furniture.

Ebony Chair

Another project I have been working on (or trying to) is to paint my kitchen table and chairs.  I got the top sanded and re stained - but the poly didn't go on very well.  So I will have to sand it again and this time I am thinking about painting the top too.

Sometimes I think I should have just sold my set and got a new one...like this one I found at Dining Furniture.


It looks similar to mine and it is already painted!!  This site has some wonderful dining tables and chairs.

Stay tuned to see what I end up doing.

p.s. don't forget to sign up for my giveaway, you can find it posted on April 25th.
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment