Monday, March 28, 2011

The Best Laid Plans....

So, are you wondering how the kitchen area table and chair redo are coming along?


The top of the table is all stained and has one coat of poly on it.  It has been rainy and cold here for 4 days straight, so I have not been able to do the second coat of poly in the garage.  It is not suppose to get sunny and warm until this weekend, so I will be working on it then.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another project we have started in the same area of the house is getting ready for new counter tops.

If you look closely at the picture, in the back corner of the kitchen, we had to remove the appliance garage, in order to be able to have the new counter tops installed.  Which means, we have to finishing tiling the backsplach of that area.  Which also means we have to find a new place to put the appliances.  But I have plans for that....and that will be a future post...think new pantry area.


When we moved in a year and a half ago, we were happy with the Corian counter tops.  It had an integrated sink, that was part of the counter tops too.  Well, the sink is chipped and stained badly.



The faucet, leaked and is actually falling apart.  The house is 10 years old, so that was to be expected.

So, we decided to bite the bullet and get new counter tops, stainless steel sink (to match the appliances) and a new faucet.

It will be about two weeks before it is done.  I will post pictures then.

In the meantime, I think I will take some time to read my stack of magazines, that I have not had time to get too!  OR I might start a 3rd project....hmmmmm.  That might be juggling a little too much.

What projects are you working on?
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment