Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In The Beginning

I am being featured at No Minimalist Here's open house party!  Click on the link to visit Sherry and all of the other wonderful open houses!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started working on the kitchen table today.

First I sanded the top.  I needed to get rid of some poly that was put on wrong a couple of years ago - it was wavy and dull. 
I started with a 60 grit sandpaper, then 100, 150 and finally a 220 grit.  The table top is a smooth as a baby's behind now.


Then I applied my first coat of stain.  I will apply another coat tomorrow.

I am leaving the top stained because it gets a lot of wear and tear.  The base and legs of the table will be painted a creamy white and then glazed and aged.

Here are some of the transformations this table has had in the past.

Original - All Stained.

Painted yellow then glazed - a few years ago.


After the yellow, I painted it black.  Now I am ready for a lighter look.  After the second coat of stain, I will poly it.  Then the painting and glazing starts.  Then the painting and glazing of the six chairs....this could take a while :-).
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment