Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What shall I Do With The Foyer?




While we think about what color to paint the front door on the new house, let's move into the foyer.

Here it is as it looks now.

I love how wide and bright it is.  I know we are going to change out the chandelier.  What?  You don't see the chandelier?  That is because it is hung WAY to high.  I will show you a before and after when we do change it out.

I know I want to have a runner on the floor.  I think I want a larger table/console/cabinet/something that is a little more substantial than the one that is in there now.  I have been looking around for inspirational ideas on Houzz.  Here are some pictures that inspired me and notes to why.

I like the idea of a floor runner.  A bench or chair are always a good thing in a foyer, if you have room.  Like that there are pictures on the wall too. It is being treated as a room, not just a space you walk through.



In the foyer below, I like the console and the vignette on top.  I love that there is a lamp there, that you can turn on low in the evenings to create a soft glow.


In the foyer below, I like that there is a mirror and a chest.  They chest would be great to store winter scarfs and gloves in.

Mirror, chest, umbrella stand....all good in a foyer.



The foyer below is my favorite.  Love the console and chairs on either side.  Great old oriental rug at the door.  A sconce on the wall.


We don't close on the house for a few more weeks, but I am having a ball decorating it in my mind.  What do you have in your foyer?  A mirror?  Chest? Rug?

Thanks for playing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment