Friday, October 12, 2012

Furniture

Happily, we will be able to use the furniture we already have in our new house.  Some chairs that were in the living room in our old house, will move to a den.  Pieces that were in the great room, might end up in the guest room, etc.

So even though most of the furniture will be the same, they will be rearranged for a whole new feeling.

There will be some exceptions.  I do want to find a special console or chest for the foyer, as I had mentioned in the last post.  So I will be scouting thrift stores and antique stores after we move.  I would love to find a piece that I can paint.  I am thinking something like this, from Ballard Design.
Antoinette Sideboard

Not necessarily this size or shape, but I am loving the red color.  But I am not loving the price.  $1399.  Yikes!  

So I will hunt around and find one for a lot less and paint it red.  And luckily for me, a few months back I won a giveaway on Perfect Imperfections by Jeanne for some Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in the color Tricycle, which is a red color.

  In fact Jeanne just painted a piece of furniture in the same color and posted it on her blog.  If you want to see it, click her link above.

I probably wont even hunt for a piece to paint until after we move, but I will keep you posted when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment