Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Moving" Right Along

Yesterday we got the appraisal on the house.  It was good :-).

So we are moving right along.  Remember when I bought my last house?  While waiting to close, I showed you pictures of what I wanted to do to some of the rooms?  For example, in my last house I showed you a before pic, an inspiration pic from a magazine and then finally the finished room.  Here is a link to one of those posts.

So I thought I would take you through my decorating thought process again.  Luckily this house doesn't need the extensive remodeling the last house did.  This one just needs painting, hardwood floors, landscaping and decorating, whew!

For now, until we close, I am just planning and dreaming.  Let's start with the front door, OK?

Here is the front door now.  I know some of you thought it was red, but it is actually a stained wood.


The house is light gray.  Right now the railings are a dark gray, but they need to be painted and we will paint them white to match the columns.  The house is a Cape Cod style house, and I like gray and crisp white for that style.

I am going back and forth on whether to paint the door red or black.  The wood just seems out of place for this house.

Here is a similar door in red.


And a similar door in black.


One other thought is, do I paint the whole door surround the same color like below?  Or trim it out in white, like the pictures above...decisions, decisions.


Looks like I am starting my house whispering :-).

p.s. there is a great Velvet Pumpkin give away going on at Art by Karena.

No comments:

Post a Comment