Sunday, October 14, 2012

Demijohn

I have wanted a wicker covered demijohn for a while now, but just didn't want to spend the $$$ for the ones I have been seeing online and in the antique stores.

Yesterday, while walking through one of my favorite antique malls, I spotted this....

I know...pretty ugly isn't it?  I have seen demijohns made into lamps before and they were actually lovely, but this one - not so much.

After looking at it more closely, I could see that the light socket was just stuck into the wine cork and could easily be removed.  So it came home with me.


Here it is below, on top of my wine cabinet next to my confit pot and olive jar.



I closer look below.


Want to know the best part?  It was only $25.00.  I got a 10% discount and I ended up paying $23.50.  Pretty good, huh?
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment