Monday, April 9, 2012

House Whisperer

I know some of you were surprised when I said we sold our home.  A lot of you have only known me since we were in that house.   Some of you know me from the beginning of my blog when I lived in a home previous to the one I just sold.

None (except for my family) have known me before that.

If you did, you would know that Mr. Comforts and I are House Whisperers.

House Whisperers or House Savers....we find houses that are sad, neglected or forlorn and purchase them.  House Whisperers are very different from house flippers.  House Whisperers don't just slap on a new coat of paint and throw in some new light fixtures.


(before picture of the house we had prior to the one we just sold)


(after picture)


House Whisperers listen to the house....decide what the house needs and fix it up.  I can truly hear the house's contented sigh when we are finished.  We live in the house while we are remodeling.  Then we live in it a few more years, tweaking it to make sure it is just right.

It is fun fixing up a house.  Every house is different.  Some are fancy, some are cozy and some are very simple.  We have remodeled a Victorian home in upstate NY,  a brand new builders grade home in Florida. A 1940's farmhouse in Tennessee, a condo in Florida, a ranch home in NC and the farmhouse style home here in NC that we just sold.

It is very hard, not to get attached to a home we remodel.  We put our hearts and souls into the homes.  I think that is why they sell so quickly.  This last home was only on the market 4 weeks before we got the offer.  The buyer's asked that we leave the lions head fountain in the back yard.  The wife had been looking for a studio and love the black and white harlequin floor.  Two of the things we just knew we needed to add to this home.


In my next post, I will tell you more about choices we make as House Whisperers and what our plans are next.
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment