Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Coloring the Master Bath

I know you have all seen my master bath.  It is all white and black and I love it.  But I am not just a black and white person, so I decided to color the master bath up a little.

My inspiration comes from this farmhouse bath that designer Sarah Richardson did on "Sarah's House" this past season.


It is hard to tell from these pictures, but her floor is white, grey and black marble, the counter is carara marble.  I love the touches of yellow in this room.  What I really love is the curtain pattern and color.

Guess what?  I found that fabric!  Well, the same pattern, but mine has a very suble stripe in the background.  Here is mine below.


Here is a little grouping of yellow in the picture below.  You can also see the photograph I took of a Monet painting while in Paris last year.  I had it enlarged and bought a frame at Michael's.  It is going on the wall at the end of the tub.  The yellow water lilies pick up the yellow in the new yellow towels and curtain fabric.

I am going to attempt to make my curtains.  I need to make pinch pleat curtains, so they can go on a travis rod.  It is very hard trying to open and close them with the tub in front.  I will show you how I did when it is finished.

Amy from Maison Decor, has been giving me instructions on how to do it.  If you don't know Amy, you need to go visit her.  She decorates her home in a dreamy French style and she makes the most amazing draperies...

I know I am suppose to be working on painting my kitchen table and chairs, and I promised to show you pictures of the kitchen with the new granite and finished backsplash.  I promise I will soon!

edited to add:  A lot of you have asked where I found the fabric.  I found it at a local store.  But I have since searched online and found it at Joann's Fabric.  It is on sale for $19.99 a yard.
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment