Monday, October 31, 2011

What Should I Do?

While I am waiting for the dark stain to come in so I can finish my hutch, I started working on the French Settee.


Since I have never done an upholstery job of this size before, I am carefully removing each piece of fabric and gimp to use as a pattern when I put it back together.  In the picture above you can see the front of the back has the fabric removed.

I started removing the one gazillion, billion staples with a screw driver and pliers.  It was taking forever.  I thought there must be a "tool" for this, and guess what?  There is!!  So I ordered it and am waiting for it to come in.

Now, I have two projects on hold :-)

In the meantime, I have been looking for inspiration on what fabric to use on the settee.

Should I use a linen like material?

or a toile?

How about a check?

I love the look of the patterned fabrics, but the neutral linen type fabric would go with everything...

If you were doing this, what would you do?

Oh!  I am taking tons of pictures of this, because a few of you have asked for a tutorial.  So when it is finished, I show you step by step how I did it.
Welcome Home,
Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment