Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall In The Garden

I spent this wonderful fall afternoon in my garden.


Here in Asheville, NC the weather allows your summer garden to stretch into fall.  Late summer I planted a fall crop of yellow beans and peas.

You can see in the picture below, my yellow beans are starting to produce..teeny tiny beans.  They should be ready to harvest in a week or two.

The peas in the picture below have started flowering, but I haven't seen a pod yet.


I still have left over from the summer, cherry tomatoes...

Peppers....


Leeks and herbs...

And butternut squash.


Today was 81 degrees, which is unusually warm for here.  It should be in the low 70's in the day time.

But the evenings are getting chilly and I can see potato leek soup and roasted butternut squash dinners coming up this week!

Are you able to grow a fall garden where you live?
Welcome Home,
Penny



No comments:

Post a Comment