Tuesday, June 15, 2010

my no. 1 turquoise


I knew I couldn't resist it for long. Last week I pulled the bench from my back patio out into the yard at 6 a.m. and spray painted it turquoise. It made me ridiculously happy. Then I couldn't help but rearrange some furniture and hauled the bench, along with a table and some chairs out by my pool (anyone else need to sign up for project addicts anonymous with me?). I got my son Alex to help me and as we were moving things from here to there, my daughter Emily stuck her head out the door and asked, "What are you doing?!" Alex quickly replied, "Emily, don't you know this is what mom does for fun?"


So, now I have my happy bit of turquoise and a fantastic little cozy nook for late evening, summer dining. I think its time to plan a dinner party...


No comments:

Post a Comment