Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cutting Garden


Next to my potager (kitchen garden), I have a cutting garden.  Right now it has tall (6') sunflowers in the back row, not yet in bloom, zinnias in the middle and short sunflowers in the front (not in bloom).

Mr. Comforts of Home is expanding it.  I want to incorporate perennial flowers too.
Short sunflower in front, getting ready to bloom!

Do you have any suggestions for flowers for my cutting garden?

See the plant below?
This is growing on my hill side.  Do you know what kind of flower it is?

Here is the plant before flowering in  the picture below...it has a leaf similar to irises.

So I would love suggestions for my cutting garden and I would also love to know what kind of flower I have growing on my hill side...any help would be wonderful!

(p.s. I don't have any wedding pictures from the post below....:-(  My battery died after taking the first picture along the river on the way to the wedding.)
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment