Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kitchen Table or Kitchen Lounge?


As you all know, for the past several years, Mr. Comforts and I have bought many homes to House Whisper to.  We would live in them, fix them up, tweak them a little more and then after 2-5 years we would sell them and start all over.

Now we are ready to buy our forever home.  I won't have to worry, if the next buyer will like what I have done or not.  I can be totally me.

Since my children all long grown and on their own, I have been giving a lot of thought about the need for two eating areas in our home.

Most homes have a kitchen dining area and a formal dining area.  Here was our kitchen eating area at our last home...

and here was our formal dining room in our last home...

In our next home, I don't want a kitchen dining area.  I want a kitchen lounge area.  Similar to this idea below...

Via

Mine will not be this formal, but you get the idea, right?  A place to sit, read the paper and have a cup of coffee in the morning.  A place for guests to sit, sipping a glass of wine and nibbling on appetizers while you finish up dinner.  Notice the comfy seating and the lower than dining height, table?

I am going to have fun finally creating a home just for the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment