Friday, June 8, 2012

Marble and a Redo

I have been busy in the "shop/studio/basement".  Several years ago, when we lived in our old farmhouse in Tennessee (see here), we bought an old table with a marble top.  I think it might have been a cigar humidor at one time, but I am not sure.  We placed it in a corner of our powder room.

Fast forward several years, this same table was the inspiration for the vanities we installed in our previous home.  Here is that table in our home we just sold.

Now, looking towards the future, I don't think I will have a bath large enough to accommodate this sweet piece.  I think we will be scaling down in our next home and some pieces will just have to go.

So, I decided to redo this piece and put it in my booth to sell.  I loved the OLD marble top, and when we put it in our last bathroom, I bought a marble knob for it.

Here is the redo.

I painted it French Linen and dry brushed a little Old White on top, then coated it with clear wax.


I think it looks refreshed.  A little French...a little Swedish.


It will be in my booth at Needful Things Antique Mall on Sunday.

On another note....

Have you ever created something and just knew it was not right?  You might have shown - oh, let's say the whole world of BLOGDOM, and then knew in your heart it just needed to be FIXED?

Please say yes....lol.  Good!  I knew I was not the only one!

So a few days ago, I showed you a pair of chairs that I had painted and recovered.  I had replaced the 1 inch foam for 2 inch foam.  

Here is the chair I showed you.

Well, I hated the 2 inch foam.  I didn't like the wrinkles in front because of the thicker foam either.

So, I pulled a ton of staples back out, removed the foam,  then cut the foam in half with an electric knife.  Then I reupholstered the chairs.

But still, something was missing.  


 So, I added two more stripes to the fabric to make it look more like vintage grain sack.

Ahhhh!  Much better, don't you think?

Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment