Friday, May 18, 2012

Birds of a Feather

It seems my blog is turning into a nature blog!  Really that is not the case.  I am still a lifestyle blog, but, as you know my life has changed a little bit the past couple of months.

I need to get back into painting my furniture, flea marketing, fluffing my temporary nest etc, but in the meantime I had to show you this.

The first 4 pictures were taken with my Canon Rebel with a telephoto lense.  I am taking these from inside the house through the glass of my sliding door.

  I want to introduce you to the Mama and Papa blue birds that are raising a family in my backyard.


Sometimes they are both there.  Other times one keeps watch and feeds while the other goes hunting for bugs.


You can tell the difference between the male and female because the male has more blue feathers and is brighter.


These next couple of pictures are not quite as good.  They were taken with my Kodak Easyshare point and shoot with out a tripod.

They are brighter though.  It was a different time of day with more light.

In the picture below, the female is flying right at me.  I am inside the sliding glass door.  She spends a lot of time landing and hanging onto our window screens look for bugs.


Do you have bluebirds where you live?
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment