Friday, May 11, 2012

Before and After

There isn't a hose bib on the front deck of this house where I have my little portable kitchen garden.  That meant I was lugging buckets of water out to the front porch from the kitchen.

The deck sits high off the ground, and running up and down the front steps to get to a hose bib and then dragging a hose up and down was out of the question.

I had this old hose container, from our last house.  It was in pretty bad shape.

It didn't matter how it looked at my previous house, because it was hidden in the bushes and not on the deck.

So, I sprayed it a dark hunter green.  What a difference a few coats of paint make!

Mr. Comforts of Home, ran a hose up the back deck support and secured it with clamps.  Now we can leave the water on at the faucet and turn it on and off with a nozzle at the top of the deck.


See how nice it looks below?


Did you notice that there are THREE planters now?  One has a tomato plant.  Seriously, I was not going to have a garden, but a girl has to grow fresh tomatoes, doesn't she?


I restrained myself and only planted one tomato plant.
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment