Sunday, March 18, 2012

The French Settee or Introducing Colette

Last October I purchased an old raggedy looking French Settee.  The fabric was stained, the paint job was a bad faux gold with globs of red.

I knew it would be beautiful reupholstered and painted.  I had never tackled an upholstery job like this before, but I was up for a challenge.

Here is Colette....all finished and pretty.

Here is Colette when I first found her, with her stained fabric and faux gold finish.


She seems very happy...in my master bedroom.  All she needs now is a pretty French painting over her, on the wall.


I used a painter's drop cloth as the fabric....it looks like French linen.

Here is an inspiration picture....From Country French Magazine.

And here she is....perfect Frenchness!

If you want, in the next few days, I will do a tutorial on how I did this, including the paint technique and how I recovered her.
Welcome Home,
Penny
Linking with:

No comments:

Post a Comment