Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Landscape

So how was your weekend?  Great I hope!

I thought I would show you one of my favorite paintings.  I love landscapes.  This one was done by a local artist here in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  We have had this for about 6 years.
It has been over a fireplace mantel in the past, but at this house it is in the dining room over a small cabinet.

Speaking of cabinets.  Kim at Savvy Southern Style has this same style cabinet and just did a fabulous makeover on it!  Check it out, HERE.

A little update on the French cabinet makeover I showed you a few posts back.  I still don't have the dark wax to finish the piece, but the good news is that it has been shipped to the stockist finally and I should have it by Wednesday.

Another update....the special staple remover tool for the makeover on the French settee has not arrived yet either, but it has been shipped.  So, my two major projects are still on hold.

I am off to buy the fabric for the settee...I am keeping my choice a secret until it is done.  Thanks for all of your help and advice on what fabric to choose!

Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment