Thursday, November 3, 2011

All Good Things Must Come To An End

We had our first below freezing temperatures earlier this week.  So I picked the last of the peppers in the garden.
Just what do you do with 30 peppers?  Well I sauteed them, along with some onions and put them in small bags and placed them in the freezer.

I will use them this winter on homemade pizzas, Italian sausage sandwiches, in soups and pasta dishes, omelette's, fritatta's and more.

In the middle of winter, when I am dreaming of my potager looking like this....

Instead of how it looks today, like this....
That patch of green in one of the raised beds are peas.  They are just starting to get pea pods, so we have been covering them every night....Hopefully we will have fresh peas in a week.  Then that will be the end of the garden for 2011.
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment