Sunday, November 4, 2012

Niches or Nooks

Let's talk niches or nooks.  Do you have any in your house?  We have two in our new home.  One on either side of the foyer.  Sorry for the bad picture.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with these.  I did some searching through some of my French Country decorating books and magazines, as well as on the Houzz.com.  Here are some of the different ways they are treated.


all photos except the top one from houzz.com

I think I am going to like having a couple of niches to play with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We spent the weekend meeting with flooring and painting contractors.  We are taking up the carpet in the dining room, den, great room and hallway in our new home and having hardwood laid to match the existing hardwood in the kitchen and foyer.

We are also having someone paint the foyer, great room and stairway to the bonus room, because the ceilings are too high for me to reach.  I will be painting the rest of the rooms.

Well, back to packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment