Monday, July 9, 2012

Split Personality


While browsing through Traditional Home magazine recently, I discovered something about myself.

I have a split personality.  Yes, I really do.

I have been tearing out pages to put in a file.  When we move to our next home, it could be on our mountain top property that I showed you pictures of here.

So if we build there, I will probably change up my decorating just a little.  I still want to have French Country as my style, but either a little more rustic, or a little more elegant.  See there is that split personality again :-).

Here are two pictures of living rooms with stone fireplaces.

This first one is elegant.  It has a rock fireplace and wood beams that would look great in a mountain setting.  But the beautiful French mirror, linen covered sofas and the soft color palette let you know that there is no roughing it in this home.


Now the one above is definitely more of a rustic French Country home.  The stone is more rustic, the wood beam mantel is more chunky.  The leather chairs have the home in the mountains look.

I love them both.

Yes, I have a split personality that shows up in my decorating desires.  Do you?  Is there more than one style of decorating you love?
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment