Monday, July 2, 2012

Fun In The Mountains

Thanks for all of the lovely anniversary wishes!  We had a wonderful time visiting Blowing Rock, NC.  While there we enjoyed dining out, walking around the quaint town, shopping and finding a few treasures that I will show you in another post.

For all of you Jan Karon, Mitford Series fans, Jan Karon lived in Blowing Rock while writing the Mitford Series books.  Some folks say that Mitford was based on the town of Blowing Rock.

The first day there we stopped for lunch at The Best Cellar.  It was early and we had the outdoor dining room all to ourselves.

I had a Shrimp Kabob nestled on a Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Grit Cake.

Mr. Comforts had Pan Seared Scallops served over Wilted Spinach and Shitake Mushrooms, finished with Toasted Sesame Seeds and Cucumber Wasabi Sauce.


They were both excellent and I want to try to recreate them at home someday.

For our anniversary dinner we went to a wonderful restaurant called Storie Street Grille.
   

Because it was our anniversary dinner, I didn't bring my camera along to take pictures, so here is one I borrowed from their website.
An Image Slideshow

When trying to decide where to have our anniversary dinner, I browsed their website and this restaurant seemed the perfect place to go.  I had noticed that they took reservations for parties of 6 or more.  I emailed them and asked if they would make an exception for Mr. Comforts and me, explaining that we were coming from out of town and it was our anniversary.
Joan, one of the owners, emailed back and said "consider it done".  

When we arrived for dinner we were seated in a romantic booth.  Dinner was FABULOUS and the atmosphere perfect for a romantic anniversary dinner.  If you are ever in Blowing Rock and want a wonderful meal, I highly recommend Storie Street Grille.  

As we were getting ready to leave, our server brought over an anniversary present from the owners.  It was a bottle of their house wine, with their own label on it.  Unfortunately, the owners were not there to thank in person, but I have emailed them our thanks.

This post is getting lengthy, so I will tell you what we did the next day in another post.
Welcome Home
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment