Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pottery Barn Real and Knock Off

I love a bargain.  I know we all do. 

I love to browse through the catalogs of Pottery Barn, Pierre Deux, William Sonoma etc.  Then I go out on the hunt at thrift stores and antique shops trying to find a less expensive version.

I try to get the "look" of the more expensive piece.  But I am not necessarily trying to duplicate it exactly.

So I fell in love with these cornucopias in the Pottery Barn Catalog.

But for $49 for the smaller one, it was much more expensive than I wanted to pay for something that I will only use for a short period of time.

I went shopping at Goodwill today.  I found this cornucopia for $1.00

I know it is not exactly the same, but it works for me.

In the next post, I will show you a Pottery Barn item, that I bought from Pottery Barn - because I could not find something similar.

p.s. thanks for all of suggestions on the tea cart!  I will play around with some of them and do another post when I am happy with it!
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment