Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Repeat...Repeat....Repeat

First, I had quite a few bloggers ask me about my area rugs.  Where they came from, name of pattern, name of company.  So in answer to all of the questions.  They were purchased from Rug and Home.  You can click on their name for a link to their website.  They are located in NC and SC, but they also sell from their website and shipping is Free.  We went to the local store here in Asheville, NC to purchase ours.  Some have asked the pattern or name of each one.  They are not on the label nor the receipt, so I can't answer those questions....

OK, on to the subject of today.  REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT

I have realized that I tend to repeat certain things while decorating.  Colors, of course, but also patterns.  In today's post for example, I am showing you pictures of a pattern that I have repeated through out my home.  It is the HARLEQUIN or DIAMOND pattern.

Here it is in the tile floor in the master bath.  See the black
tile?   

While we are in the master bath, take a closer look at the leaded glass window, below.  See the diamond shaped pattern in the window?


Recently I showed you this table below, that I painted a harlequin pattern on.

The quilt in my guest bedroom has a red harlequin pattern.

My studio floor....

The tile back splash in my kitchen.

Black and white harlequin pattern on my plates in the dining room.

This is the table in my great room.  It has a diamond shaped pattern under the glass top.

Both the trim on the pillow and the fabric on the chair have a harlequin or diamond pattern, below.

The tassel hanging on my clock key...

The fabric on my dining room chairs....
Repeating this particular pattern was not really on purpose.  It is something that just happened over time.  I find I also repeat scrolls, checks and paisley as well.

Look around your home.  Is there a pattern that you repeat?

Welcome Home
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment