Friday, September 14, 2012

French Chair Makeover

Last October while out antiquing with Penny from Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen, I bought a French style chair and foot stool that needed a makeover.  Here are some BEFORE pictures taken in my old studio.
It has great bones and wonderful detail.

But the wood color and fabric had to go!  So I started removing the fabric.  The problem came, when I could not remove the staples.  Even with my special upholsterer's staple remover.  



So, I set it aside to think about it.  Then the holidays came and went.  We put our house on the market and it sold.  Then we moved.  Fast forward 11 months later.....here it is sitting in the same sorry state in the basement of our rental home.

I decided to start working on it again this week.  It will make a perfect chair for the master bedroom of the house we are trying to buy.


I painted it with chalk paint in Old White.  Next I will distress it a little and wax it.  Then I am going to send it to an upholsterer to finish, because I am sure they will be able to get the staples out!  I am thinking a French linen for the fabric. 

I plan on sending it to the upholsterer right before we move, and I will pick it up after we move.  So when it is finished, it will move straight into our new home and I will show it to you then.

Speaking of the new home.  We had the inspection done yesterday and there were some issues - there usually are.  So we are going to discuss them with the seller sometime next week, after we get the official written report.
Welcome Home,
Penny

p.s. want a great tasting sandwich?  Come visit my other blog From Harvest To Table for a great recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment