Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This is Another Fine Mess.....

OK, being totally honest here.

I have been trying to take this....
And turn it into something elegant like this...

The problem is, I have never, ever reupholstered anything.  Or, sure I have ripped fabric off the seats of kitchen chairs and stapled new fabric back on.  That is easy.

With this piece, once the fabric was removed (and there were a billion, trillion staples), it felt like there might be a broken spring.  So I turned it upside down and removed the dust cover from the bottom to find out (hoping I would recognize a broken spring if I saw one :-) ).

Thank goodness, the springs are fine.  But, do you see the hard, wood brace in the center of the seat?  The foam that was under that (to create a cushion) had disintegrated.  So, I had to remove that mess.  I bought  a new piece of foam to replace it today.

I have decided to put this project aside until after Christmas.  Don't you think that is a good idea?
Welcome Home,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment